Assignment #17 What's so Funny!
Assignment 17 What’s so funny!
I read this assignment this morning while drinking my Awaken coffee, outside in the morning sunlight with the birds and natures incredible beauty vibrating and moving all around me. It was so great to just sit and embrace the message and also to reflect on the laughter shared with Bill, Stoney, Clarissa and my husband one evening at dinner in Hawaii….I laughed harder than I had in a very long time and it was a powerful energizing moment that stays with me still. Laughter is indeed the best medicine!
Based on the scientific evidence presented in this chapter, three specific health benefits of laughter which I am now holding the intention to personally enjoy are:
1. Improving my relationship with myself and others by bringing calm, peace, joy, light and energy to my days – and strengthening my immune system, lessening any anxiety I may be experiencing and relaxing my entire body.
2. Experience less anger & frustration– its hard to be upset with the little things in life if I am seeing it through different eyes. Eyes that see the humor and the light side of all things. I have been known in the past to take things WAY to seriously and get bent out of shape for no reason what so ever. Laughter changes ALL of this.
3. Increased connection with those around me – a wonderful gift and blessing simply by sharing laughter and smiles!
Three moments when I completely lost myself in laughter with others, which I can vividly remember, and bring my awareness back to whenever I need a reason to smile are:
1. Funny, my introduction to this assignment was a reflection of one of these times! Hawaii, at dinner with Bill, Stoney, Clarissa and my husband.
2. Watching a commercial on T.V. my girls and I watched it over and over I laughed so hard I was crying.
3. With my husband while watching a comedy act. These don’t usually make me laugh, others humor isn’t always my own…but this particular act was so funny both of us had to pause it so we could hear what was being said next because we were laughing SO hard…again to the point of tears!
My three favorite funny movies of all times are:
1. Dumb and Dumber…just watched this in Colorado with Johnnybartender and his wife and still send text messages and emails to eachother about the movie to make us laugh!
2. Pure Luck with Martin Short and Danny Glover – this movie is hard for me to watch because I laugh SO hard!!!
3. The other isn’t a movie, but a t.v. show – a specific scene – The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire when Carlton dances!!!!
Three people I can connect with whenever I can sense I'm starting to take myself too seriously are:
1. My kids!
2. My husband!
3. Johnny Bartender! He is always laughing and having fun and reminds me to not take things so seriously, not with words, but by his presence.
Two times each day I can set aside five minutes for my prescribed 'laughter moments' are:
1. The middle of the day I can just click on you tube and watch my favorite funny commercial or Carlton dancing!! .
2. At night my husband and I talk a lot and laugh together.
Bill's Latest Blog Update