Having looked inward to do some soul-searching, three heartfelt reasons for making the decision to transform my health and life are:
1) To continue growing in a positive way. I was so closed off when I came to T.com I didn't realize how badly, until I started to peel back the layers of the onion. I am finding I like myself more and I want to see the best of me that is to come. I know I have a lot more to offer.
2) Since starting school (another thing that came about since joining the Transformation Community because I lost limiting beliefs), I have found that I don't want to settle for the CADC certificate I want to get a Licensed Social Worker degree along with that certificate. So adding more classes to my major and talking with my counselor and mentor's at school are a must. I am also going to apply for a job with UCAN after I do my internship to get extra monies so I can earn my degrees. Although I am scared it will be hard to learn, I am going to sign up to speak Spanish because I believe it will be beneficial in the social work field (I am scared of failing it, but I won't).
3) I am going to eat healthy these 18 weeks with my son and the two of us are working together to change our lives. Each challenge brings me closer to a healthy body and healthier mind. I want my family to be able to experience the same. So lead by example.
In recent days and weeks, the three most predominant inner feelings I have been experiencing are:
1) Excitement because i feel like I am making a difference in my life through my education choice. By actually going out and doing field work, I am seeing where my choice of work can make a difference in the lives of others. While my choice of work will not make a great deal of money it will hopefully make a change in the lives of those who may not see a way out of their situations right at this moment. I feel that the day I met Marty in person, joined T.com, started talking with people from this site I went from a struggling "amputated soul" to a growing soul. And I want to give back.
2) Anxiety at times because I don't want to get sidetracked with my school and taking care of others that I "put myself on the back burner". I want to remember to "put myself first" and be able to attain my daily goals.
3) Hope that I can make it to my end goal for physical fitness. I have an attainable goal and I have all the right tools at my disposal. The something more I need is the dedication everyday to commit.
Three patterns of thinking or beliefs which may have limited my ability to change in the past are:
1) I have to get this done before I do my goal.
2) I'll be able to catch up tomorrow, I'll burn double the calories.
3) I overate today, I gained a pound and I have ruined it all. I'm done.
Three objectively verifiable statements which reflect my physical condition right now are:
1) I weigh 179 lb. I have 50 lb. of fat to lose.
2) I am in the obese category which is a high risk factor for heart attack, stroke, diabetic, hypertensive and early death.
3) Being overweight is depressing. It affects me in everything I do. I function well in society, but inside I shrink. I am always thinking about what others might be thinking of me. I always worry about what I look like. I may choose what I want to eat, but while I am eating it, I think about what someone might be saying about "why is she eating that?" I am never comfortable sitting in a chair and if I can I try and sit in the back of a room away from others. I always wear dark clothing to "try to mask" the fat. My hair is long so I don't look bottom heavy. It is always on-my-mind.
Looking forward, 18 weeks from now, three changes I will have made that show Iím more aligned with whatís important to me at a heart and soul level are:
1) I won't have a looking glass theory of myself. Where I wonder what other's are thinking. I will be aligned with the fact that who I am is fine. Because who I am is who I was made to be.
2) When I awake I will greet my reflection with happiness and excitement for the new day.
3) When I lay my head down at night I will reflect on the gifts that came my way and give thanks for them.
Looking forward, 18 weeks from now, the three most predominant inner feelings which describe what Iíll be experiencing are:
3) Forgiveness of past present and future mistakes.
Three new patterns of thinking or beliefs which expand my ability to make healthy changes for the better will be:
1) I am only responsible for today. To even break that down to simple terms. I am responsible for this moment. If I should make a mistake with my program, I will pick up right then and there. It doesn't get me license to stop for a day, another minute. It means that I say oops and then I go, that moment is gone, "let's get back on track". That is the only way I can succeed.
2) I am only human, I will have good days and bad days progress not perfection. Look for the progress and enjoy the wins in that. Celebrate those wins small or big.
3) When I am stressed, my best medicine is to go for a walk, workout or make contact with another person within the program. Why? They can help and get me out of myself. Otherwise my mind can make my small problem a big one. LOL
Three objectively verifiable statements which will describe the new and improved condition of my body 18 weeks from now are:
1) I will lose 3 lb. of fat a week, consisting of 50 lb. of fat in 18 weeks.
2) I will go from a 41 inch abdominals to a 20 inch
3) I wil fit in my size 8 Liz Clairborne jeans (they might be out-of-style? but I don't care)