Bill Phillips Chicken Pomodoro
4 portions spaghetti (about 8 oz uncooked)
2 egg whites
4 tsp Mrs. Dash® Tomato-Basil-Garlic seasoning
½ cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, grated
4 portions chicken breast (about 1 lb)
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 tomatoes, diced (or one 15-oz can)
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
¾ tsp Italian seasoning
4 Tbsp red wine (or chicken broth)
- Prepare spaghetti according to its package directions.
- In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg whites. In a pie plate, combine the Mrs. Dash seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg whites then into the seasoned Parmesan, coating both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place chicken breasts in skillet; cover and cook for approximately 6 minutes; turn and cook for 6 more minutes until no longer pink in the center. Transfer the cooked chicken breasts to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add tomatoes and bell peppers to skillet and sauté over medium heat until the peppers begin to soften, approximately 3 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning and red wine, continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to the skillet with sautéed tomatoes and peppers; mix gently.
- Slice cooked chicken. Divide pasta mixture into four portions, top with a portion of sliced chicken, serve and enjoy!
It tasted AMAZING!!!! ( the picture is of my Dinner I ate